- Medicine by Alexandros G. Sfakianakis
- Anatomical Study of the Extraocular Check Ligament System To clarify the gross anatomy structure...Anatomical Study of the Extraocular Check Ligament SystemTo clarify the gross anatomy structure of the check ligament of the palpebra superior in relation to congenital blepharoptosis operation.Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery8hMark above section as read Journal of Allergy and Clinical ImmunologyAsthma and Psoriasis – What do they have in common? IL-17A!Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology8hProximity to Major Roadways and Asthma
- What arguments and from whom are most influential in shaping public health policy: thematic content...What arguments and from whom are most influential in shaping public health policy: thematic content analysis of responses to a public consultation on the regulation of television food advertising to children in the UKObjectivesWe explore one aspect of the decision making process—public consultation on policy proposals by a national regulatory body—aiming to understand how public health policy development is influenced by different stakeholders. D
- Clinical Cancer Research Online First Articles Early enrichment of ESR1 mutations and the impact...Clinical Cancer Research Online First ArticlesEarly enrichment of ESR1 mutations and the impact on gene expression in pre-surgical primary breast cancer treated with aromatase inhibitorsPurpose: To investigate the presence of ESR1 mutation in primary oestrogen-receptor positive breast cancer (ER+BC) treated with extended (>4 weeks) neoadjuvant (pre-surgical) aromatase inhibitor (NAI) therapy and to identify patients who may gain less benefit from
- Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery - Published Ahead-of-Print Medications and the larynx...Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery - Published Ahead-of-PrintMedications and the larynxPurpose of review The larynx is a complex organ that houses some of the most intricate structures of the human body. Owing to its delicate nature, the larynx is affected by different medications to varying degrees. Many of these effects manifest in subjective complaints in one's voice or swallow. This review article invokes the present available literature
- First-line antibiotic selection in outpatient settings [Epidemiology and Surveillance] Using the...First-line antibiotic selection in outpatient settings [Epidemiology and Surveillance]Using the 2014 IBM MarketScan Commercial Database, we compared antibiotic selection for pharyngitis, sinusitis, and acute otitis media in retail clinics, emergency departments, urgent cares, and offices. Only 50% of visits for these conditions received recommended first-line antibiotics. Improving antibiotic selection for common outpatient conditions is an impor
- Oncology Regret Over Treatment of Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Story Regret Over Treatment of...OncologyRegret Over Treatment of Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Story Regret Over Treatment of Prostate Cancer: A Patient's StoryThe instability of medical knowledge, especially in oncology, often leads to therapeutic decisions that lead to regret down the road, as this case study highlights.Medscape Medical News (Source: Medscape Hematology-Oncology Headlines)MedWorm: Cancer & Oncology10hNivolumab May Induce Promising Efficacy Outcomes in Certain
- Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy Gastrin vaccine improves response to immune checkpoint antibody...Cancer Immunology, ImmunotherapyGastrin vaccine improves response to immune checkpoint antibody in murine pancreatic cancer by altering the tumor microenvironmentAbstract Pancreatic cancer has been termed a 'recalcitrant cancer' due to its relative resistance to chemotherapy and immunotherapy. This resistance is thought to be due in part to the dense fibrotic tumor microenvironment and lack of tumor infiltrating CD8 + T cells. The gastrointestina
- Oto-Rhino-Laryngology Classification and volumetric study of the sphenoid sinus on MDCT images...Oto-Rhino-LaryngologyClassification and volumetric study of the sphenoid sinus on MDCT imagesAbstract Purpose We aimed to determine the position and size of the sphenoid sinus (SS) in our study and compare the results of the measurements relative to age, gender, and the presence of pituitary adenoma using multidetector computerized tomography (MDCT). Methods We retrospectively evaluated the paranasal sinus computerized tomography (CT)...Latest Re
- New GEO Series GSE64414 Selective elimination of leukemia cells by reprogramming factors Contributors...New GEO SeriesGSE64414 Selective elimination of leukemia cells by reprogramming factorsContributors : Tao Cheng ; Hui Cheng ; Yajie WangSeries Type : Expression profiling by arrayOrganism : Mus musculusTo investigate the molecular mechanism for the elimination of leukemia cells after Dox induced OSKM expression, we sorted MLL-AF9 leukemia cells from Dox untreated and treated groups (48h and 72h) leukemic mice for gene expression profiling analysi
- Frontiers in Oncology | New and Recent Articles Acridine Orange: A Review of Novel Applications...Frontiers in Oncology | New and Recent ArticlesAcridine Orange: A Review of Novel Applications for Surgical Cancer Imaging and TherapyIntroduction: Acridine orange (AO) was first extracted from coal tar in the late nineteenth century and was used as a fluorescent dye. In this paper, we review emergent research about novel applications of AO for fluorescence surgery and cancer therapy.Materials and methods: We performed a systematic search in the
- Hindawi Publishing Corporation Integrated Analysis of mRNA Expression, CpG Island Methylation,...Hindawi Publishing CorporationIntegrated Analysis of mRNA Expression, CpG Island Methylation, and Polymorphisms in the MITF Gene in Ducks (Anas platyrhynchos)Microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF) is a key regulator for the development and function of melanocytes in skin, eye, and plumage pigmentations. Thus, the MITF was selected as a candidate gene associated with plumage coloration in ducks. This study analyzed the mRNA expressi
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Mining the Past When moving last week, I unearthed from the...Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMining the PastWhen moving last week, I unearthed from the back of a closet an old cardboard box a bit smaller than a shoebox. I opened it and found a solid brick of photographs. Photos from the turn of the century. Back from when you took a roll of film to a pharmacy and then waited a week for a thick envelope of glistening pictures. As I flicked through them, it dawned on me that this discovery marked a number of en
- Internal Medicine Response to letter about "Lack of an effective drug for abdominal aortic aneurysm"...Internal MedicineResponse to letter about "Lack of an effective drug for abdominal aortic aneurysm"Abstract We agree there was substantial heterogeneity in the design of the past abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) drug trials, particularly those testing antibiotics. While Yu et al. have focused on I2, it should be noted that this describes the dispersion of effect sizes and does not completely describe the heterogeneity between studies. The included
- Anesthesia Propofol vs. thiopental in hypotention after GA induction Latest Results for...AnesthesiaPropofol vs. thiopental in hypotention after GA inductionLatest Results for Journal of Anesthesia2mObesity and spinal anesthesia outcomesLatest Results for Journal of Anesthesia14hRemifentanil does not inhibit sugammadex reversal after rocuronium-induced neuromuscular block in the isolated hemidiaphragm of the rat: an ex vivo studyAbstract Purpose Sugammadex is used to reverse neuromuscular block induced by rocuronium or vecuronium by f
- Evolutionary Biology Selection and drift determine phenotypic stasis despite genetic divergence...Evolutionary BiologySelection and drift determine phenotypic stasis despite genetic divergence [NEW RESULTS]Evolutionary theory suggests that phenotypic stasis is explained by natural selection or by constraints imposed by mutation and recombination of standing genetic variation. We performed experimental evolution from standing genetic variation with the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans, measuring locomotion behavior in outcrossing populations fo
- Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine Diagnostic accuracy of dual-time-point fluorodeoxyglucose-positron...Indian Journal of Nuclear MedicineDiagnostic accuracy of dual-time-point fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography/computed tomography in verification local recurrence in pancreatic cancer patientsEsraa El-Kholy, Lobna KhaledIndian Journal of Nuclear Medicine 2019 34(4):271-277 Purpose: The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of dual-time point in differentiating benign from malignant local recurrent lesions in pancreatic cancer.
- Clinical Cancer Research Online First Articles Predicting the 1p/19q co-deletion status of presumed...Clinical Cancer Research Online First ArticlesPredicting the 1p/19q co-deletion status of presumed low grade glioma with an externally validated machine learning algorithmBackground: Patients with 1p/19q co-deleted low grade glioma (LGG) have longer overall survival and better treatment response than patients with 1p/19q intact tumors. Therefore, it is relevant to know the 1p/19q status. To investigate whether the 1p/19q status can be assessed pr
- Clinical Oral Implants Research Acellular Mineralized Allogenic Block Bone Graft Does Not Remodel...Clinical Oral Implants ResearchAcellular Mineralized Allogenic Block Bone Graft Does Not Remodel during the 10 Weeks following Concurrent Implant Placement in a Rabbit Femoral ModelAbstract Objectives Due to bone loss, endosseous implants often require addition of a bone graft to support adequate primary fixation, bone regeneration, and osseointegration. The aim of this study was to compare effectiveness of autogeneic and allogeneic bone grafts w
- Photodriven quantum teleportation of an electron spin state in a covalent donor–acceptor–radical...Photodriven quantum teleportation of an electron spin state in a covalent donor–acceptor–radical systemNature Chemistry, Published online: 23 September 2019; doi:10.1038/s41557-019-0332-8Quantum teleportation moves the quantum state of a system between physical locations without losing its coherence, an essential criterion for emerging quantum information applications. Now, electron-spin-state teleportation in covalent organic electron donor–acce
- pubmed: sleep apnea Sleep Apnea and Chronic Kidney Disease - A State of the Art Review. Related...pubmed: sleep apneaSleep Apnea and Chronic Kidney Disease - A State of the Art Review.Related ArticlesSleep Apnea and Chronic Kidney Disease - A State of the Art Review. Chest. 2019 Sep 19;: Authors: Lin CH, Lurie RC, Lyons OD Abstract Patients with chronic kidney disease have increased morbidity and mortality, mainly due to cardiovascular disease. Compared to the general population, patients with chronic kidney disease have an increased prevalen
- pubmed: cell cycle arrest Decitabine promotes apoptosis in mesenchymal stromal cells isolated...pubmed: cell cycle arrestDecitabine promotes apoptosis in mesenchymal stromal cells isolated from patients with myelodysplastic syndromes by inducing reactive oxygen species generation.Related ArticlesDecitabine promotes apoptosis in mesenchymal stromal cells isolated from patients with myelodysplastic syndromes by inducing reactive oxygen species generation. Eur J Pharmacol. 2019 Sep 19;:172676 Authors: Wang L, Guo X, Guo X, Zhang X, Ren J Abstr
- Pharmaceutics, Vol. 11, Pages 489: Theranostic Sorafenib-Loaded Polymeric Nanocarriers Manufactured...Pharmaceutics, Vol. 11, Pages 489: Theranostic Sorafenib-Loaded Polymeric Nanocarriers Manufactured by Enhanced Gadolinium Conjugation TechniquesPharmaceutics, Vol. 11, Pages 489: Theranostic Sorafenib-Loaded Polymeric Nanocarriers Manufactured by Enhanced Gadolinium Conjugation Techniques Pharmaceutics doi: 10.3390/pharmaceutics11100489 Authors: Feczkó Piiper Pleli Schmithals Denk Hehlgans Rödel Vogl Wacker : Today, efficient delivery of sorafen
- International Journal of Molecular Sciences IJMS, Vol. 20, Pages 4709: Activating Hippo Pathway...International Journal of Molecular SciencesIJMS, Vol. 20, Pages 4709: Activating Hippo Pathway via Rassf1 by Ursolic Acid Suppresses the Tumorigenesis of Gastric CancerIJMS, Vol. 20, Pages 4709: Activating Hippo Pathway via Rassf1 by Ursolic Acid Suppresses the Tumorigenesis of Gastric Cancer International Journal of Molecular Sciences doi: 10.3390/ijms20194709 Authors: Seong-Hun Kim Hua Jin Ruo Yu Meng Da-Yeah Kim Yu Chuan Liu Ok Hee Chai Byung
- Antibiotics, Vol. 8, Pages 162: Natural Product Type III Secretion System Inhibitors Antibiotics,...Antibiotics, Vol. 8, Pages 162: Natural Product Type III Secretion System InhibitorsAntibiotics, Vol. 8, Pages 162: Natural Product Type III Secretion System Inhibitors Antibiotics doi: 10.3390/antibiotics8040162 Authors: Heather A. Pendergrass Aaron E. May Many known inhibitors of the bacterial type III secretion system (T3SS), a virulence factor used by pathogenic bacteria to infect host cells, are natural products. These compounds, produced by
- Medicine by Alexandros G. Sfakianakis,Anapafseos 5 Agios Nikolaos 72100 Crete Greece,00302841026182,00306932607174,email@example.com,Coronary artery surgery: a resurgence and new opportunity to serve our patients better No abstract available...Coronary artery surgery: a resurgence and new opportunity to serve our patients betterNo abstract availableSpontaneous coronary artery dissection: update 2019Purpose of review Spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) is an important cause of myocardial infarction (MI) in women with few or no conventional cardiovascular risk factors.
- Medicine by Alexandros G. Sfakianakis,Αλέξανδρος Γ. Σφακιανάκης
- Cancers, Vol. 11, Pages 1420: Monoclonal Antibodies in Dermatooncology—State of the Art and Future...Cancers, Vol. 11, Pages 1420: Monoclonal Antibodies in Dermatooncology—State of the Art and Future PerspectivesCancers, Vol. 11, Pages 1420: Monoclonal Antibodies in Dermatooncology—State of the Art and Future Perspectives Cancers doi: 10.3390/cancers11101420 Authors: Malgorzata Bobrowicz Radoslaw Zagozdzon Joanna Domagala Roberta Vasconcelos-Berg Emmanuella Guenova Magdalena Winiarska Monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) targeting specific proteins are
- Molecular Carcinogenesis XRCC1‐mediated DNA repair is associated with progression‐free survival...Molecular CarcinogenesisXRCC1‐mediated DNA repair is associated with progression‐free survival of multiple myeloma patients after autologous stem cell transplantAbstract Autologous stem cell transplant (ASCT) with high‐dose melphalan (HDM) is the standard treatment for fit multiple myeloma (MM) patients. It is generally believed that some DNA repair proteins impact the activity to repair melphalan‐induced DNA damage, thus potentially contributing
- NeuroImage Modality-general representations of valences perceived from visual and auditory...NeuroImageModality-general representations of valences perceived from visual and auditory modalitiesPublication date: December 2019Source: NeuroImage, Volume 203Author(s): Jin Gu, Linjing Cao, Baolin LiuAbstractValence is a dimension of emotion and can be either positive, negative, or neutral. Valences can be expressed through the visual and auditory modalities, and the valences of each modality can be conveyed by different types of stimuli (face
- Associação Brasileira de Otorrinolaringologia e Cirurgia Cérvico-Facial Radix saw: a useful...Associação Brasileira de Otorrinolaringologia e Cirurgia Cérvico-FacialRadix saw: a useful tool for rhinoplasty to correct high radix.Related ArticlesRadix saw: a useful tool for rhinoplasty to correct high radix. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol. 2019 Aug 07;: Authors: Şeneldir S, Dizdar D, Tuna A Abstract INTRODUCTION: The most difficult aspect of radix lowering is determining the maximum amount of bone that can be removed with osteotomes; here, we desc
- pubmed: health technology Helicobacter p ylori eradication treatment for gastric carcinoma...pubmed: health technologyHelicobacter p ylori eradication treatment for gastric carcinoma prevention in asymptomatic or dyspeptic adults: systematic review and Bayesian meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.Related ArticlesHelicobacter p ylori eradication treatment for gastric carcinoma prevention in asymptomatic or dyspeptic adults: systematic review and Bayesian meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. BMJ Open. 2019 Sep 20;9(9):e
- Digestive Endoscopy Systematic reviews and meta‐analysis in advanced endoscopy procedures: Not...Digestive EndoscopySystematic reviews and meta‐analysis in advanced endoscopy procedures: Not only numbersAbstract Systematic reviews and meta‐analysis are booming. Although they were initially thought to be powerful tools to synthetize data of randomized controlled trials (RCTs), they are more and more used in observational studies and retrospective series. Particularly, in advanced endoscopy techniques, the reader often has to stand up to poor
- BioEssays Deubiquitinating Enzymes in Model Systems and Therapy: Redundancy and Compensation...BioEssaysDeubiquitinating Enzymes in Model Systems and Therapy: Redundancy and Compensation Have ImplicationsWhole genome duplication early in chordate evolution produced deubiquitinating enzyme genes that diverged in sequence and became partially subfunctionalized. In species where one gene is later lost or pseudogenized knockout of the remaining gene may generate obvious developmental phenotypes whereas compensation can mask phenotypes in speci
- Defining the role of cytoskeletal components in the formation of apoptopodia and apoptotic bodies...Defining the role of cytoskeletal components in the formation of apoptopodia and apoptotic bodies during apoptosisThe original version of the article unfortunately contained a typo in the fourth author name. The author name was incorrectly listed as Rochelle Tixeria. The correct name should be Rochelle Tixeira. The original article has been corrected.http://link.springer.com/search.rss?facet-content-type=Article&facet-journal-id=10495&channel-nam
- Clinical and translational oncology Detection of novel mitochondrial mutations in cytochrome...Clinical and translational oncologyDetection of novel mitochondrial mutations in cytochrome C oxidase subunit 1 (COX1) in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)Abstract Background Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) is an Autosomal dominant inherited disorder and a rare form of colorectal cancer (CRC) that is characterized by the development of hundreds to thousands of adenomas in the rectum and colon. Mostly, cancers develop after
- Should we change how we treat mild asthma? - Jennifer Middleton, MD, MPHInhaled corticosteroids...Should we change how we treat mild asthma?- Jennifer Middleton, MD, MPHInhaled corticosteroids are a mainstay for treating asthma; typically, they are prescribed on a scheduled basis, though many patients struggle with adherence. Two new studies may offer an alternative to scheduled inhaled corticosteroid dosing for patients with mild asthma.As described in the "Top POEMS of 2018 Consistent with the Principles of the Choosing Wisely Campaign," th
- Provider preference for payment method under a national health insurance scheme: A survey of health...Provider preference for payment method under a national health insurance scheme: A survey of health insurance-credentialed health care providers in Ghanaby Francis-Xavier Andoh-Adjei, Eric Nsiah-Boateng, Felix Ankomah Asante, Koos van der Velden, Ernst SpaanPLOS ONE Alerts: New Articles12hGIVE me your attention: Differentiating goal identification and goal execution components of the anti-saccade effectby Owen Myles, Ben Grafton, Patrick Clarke,
- HER2-targeted therapies — a role beyond breast cancer Nature Reviews Clinical Oncology, Published...HER2-targeted therapies — a role beyond breast cancerNature Reviews Clinical Oncology, Published online: 23 September 2019; doi:10.1038/s41571-019-0268-3HER2-targeted therapies have dramatically improved the outcomes in women with HER2-positive breast cancer. Furthermore, genetic sequencing studies have revealed HER2 alterations in a range of other cancers, including gastric cancer, colorectal cancer and non-small-cell lung cancer. In this Review
- Happiness Studies Coping with Work Stressors and Paving the Way for Flow: Challenge and Hindrance...Happiness StudiesCoping with Work Stressors and Paving the Way for Flow: Challenge and Hindrance Demands, Humor, and CynicismAbstract Although the concept of flow at work is increasingly receiving scholarly attention, knowledge about the interaction between challenge and hindrance stress demands in the context of flow is still lacking. Moreover, little is known about the stress-relieving capacity of coping mechanisms in connection to work-related
- British Medical Journal Asylum seeker whose breast cancer treatment was delayed over eligibility...British Medical JournalAsylum seeker whose breast cancer treatment was delayed over eligibility has diedAn Ethiopian asylum seeker with advanced breast cancer who was denied treatment for several weeks amid confusion about whether she should be charged by the NHS has died at the age of 39.Kelemua...British Medical Journal10hLabour pledges free personal care for over 65s most in needThe Labour Party has pledged to introduce free personal care in E
- Can an AI algorithm fool radiologists? A type of artificial intelligence (AI) algorithm called...Can an AI algorithm fool radiologists?A type of artificial intelligence (AI) algorithm called a generative adversarial...Read more on AuntMinnieEurope.comRelated Reading: AI malware highlights imaging's security weaknesses Fake views: Generating image data for machine learning AI algorithm produces synthetic brain MR images BIR: How machine learning can cut false positives Neural networks read mammograms as well as radiologistsAuntMinnieEurope.co
Δευτέρα, 23 Σεπτεμβρίου 2019
Medicine by Alexandros G. Sfakianakis,Anapafseos 5 Agios Nikolaos 72100 Crete Greece,00302841026182,00306932607174,firstname.lastname@example.org,
Does CBD Oil Lower Blood Pressure? This article was originally published at SundayScaries." Madeline Taylor POSTED ON January 13, 20...
Medicine by Alexandros G. Sfakianakis Review of treatment modalities and outcomes of patients with basal cell adenocarcinoma Review of trea...
Medicine by Alexandros G. Sfakianakis Bupivacaine vs. lidocaine: a comparison of local anesthetic efficacy in impacted third molar surgery ...
Orchestrating phospholipid biosynthesis: Phosphatidic acid conducts and Opi1p performs [Gene Regulation]Phosphatidic acid (PA) and the conserved integral ER membrane protein Scs2p regulate localization of the transcriptional repressor Opi1p, wh...
Dupilumab Improves General Health-Related Quality-of-Life in Patients with Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis: Pooled Results from Two Randomized, Controlled Phase 3 Clinical TrialsAbstract Introduction Patients with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis (AD) report a multidimensional disease burden that includes imp...
The objective of this study was to synthetize europium-doped nanohydroxyapatite using a simple aqueous precipitation method and, thereafter,...
Bound Substrate in the Structure of Cyanobacterial Branching Enzyme Supports a New Mechanistic Model [Enzymology]Branching enzyme (BE) catalyzes the formation of α-1,6-glucosidic linkages in amylopectin and glycogen. The reaction products are variable d...
Medicine by Alexandros G. Sfakianakis,Anapafseos 5 Agios Nikolaos 72100 Crete Greece,00302841026182, NRF2, p53, and p16: Predictive biomark...
2016-10-26T06-15-03Z Source: International Journal of Advances in Medicine Raghunath Anant Nagvekar, Pooja Nagvekar. Background: Early ...
Cancers, Vol. 10, Pages 8: Modification of Epigenetic Histone Acetylation in Hepatocellular CarcinomaCancers, Vol. 10, Pages 8: Modification of Epigenetic Histone Acetylation in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cancers doi: 10.3390/cancers10010008 ...