Adelaja Abdulazeez Akinlolu, Elizabeth Oluwafunmilayo Bayode, Kamal Olaide Ghazali, Mubarak Oloduowo Ameen
CHRISMED Journal of Health and Research 2017 4(2):104-109
Background: Moringa oleifera's leaves are globally used for nutritional and medicinal purposes. We evaluated lipid profile status, heart and liver histology, and the activities of alanine and aspartate transaminases of the liver in M. oleifera-treated adult Wistar rats. Materials and Methods: Twenty-four adult male Wistar rats were employed in the study. Rats of control Group I received physiological saline while rats of Groups II–IV received 250, 500, and 750 mg/kg bodyweight of methanolic extract of M. oleifera, respectively, for 21 days. Results: No gross morphological or behavioral anomalies were observed in rats of Groups I–IV. Histological examinations showed normal histoarchitecture of the heart in Group I and the liver of Groups I–III. Comparative histological analyses showed dose-dependent increased nucleated cells in heart tissues of rats of Groups II–IV than those of Group I. Furthermore, histological evaluations showed hypertrophy of central vein of the liver in rats of Group IV when compared to Group I. Statistical analyses showed dose-dependent nonsignificant higher mean levels (P > 0.05) of total cholesterol and triglycerides in the sera of rats of Groups II–IV compared to rats of Group I. Evaluations of levels of alanine and aspartate transaminases showed a statistically significant higher mean values (P < 0.05) in Group II, but statistically nonsignificant higher mean values (P > 0.05) in Groups III–IV compared to Group I. Conclusions: No significant adverse effects on lipid profile status, heart histology, and liver histochemistry were observed in M. oleifera-treated rats.
from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2mLvn3V
via IFTTT
Εγγραφή σε:
Σχόλια ανάρτησης (Atom)
Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις
-
No large-scale, head-to-head, phase III, randomized, controlled trial with an adequate sample size has investigated the effect of concurrent...
-
2016-09-24T01-16-18Z Source: International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences Biswajit Majumder, Viral Tandel, Sandip Ghosh, Sharmis...
-
by Alison M. Hixon, Guixia Yu, J. Smith Leser, Shigeo Yagi, Penny Clarke, Charles Y. Chiu, Kenneth L. Tyler In 2014, the United States exp...
-
This paper proposes an enhanced ant colony optimization with dynamic mutation and ad hoc initialization, ACODM-I, for improving the accuracy...
-
Accumulating data have indicated that citrus polymethoxyflavones (PMFs) have the ability to affect brain function. In the present study, we ...
-
Related Articles Long-acting insulin allergy in a diabetic child. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2017 Apr 01;:394632017700431 Authors...
-
Hypopharyngeal Cancer Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Pipeline Review, H1 2017 Medgadget (blog) Latest Pharmaceutical and Healthcare di...
-
by Slavena Vylkova from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2lPgJZS via IFTTT
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Δημοσίευση σχολίου