Adelaja Abdulazeez Akinlolu, Elizabeth Oluwafunmilayo Bayode, Kamal Olaide Ghazali, Mubarak Oloduowo Ameen
CHRISMED Journal of Health and Research 2017 4(2):104-109
Background: Moringa oleifera's leaves are globally used for nutritional and medicinal purposes. We evaluated lipid profile status, heart and liver histology, and the activities of alanine and aspartate transaminases of the liver in M. oleifera-treated adult Wistar rats. Materials and Methods: Twenty-four adult male Wistar rats were employed in the study. Rats of control Group I received physiological saline while rats of Groups II–IV received 250, 500, and 750 mg/kg bodyweight of methanolic extract of M. oleifera, respectively, for 21 days. Results: No gross morphological or behavioral anomalies were observed in rats of Groups I–IV. Histological examinations showed normal histoarchitecture of the heart in Group I and the liver of Groups I–III. Comparative histological analyses showed dose-dependent increased nucleated cells in heart tissues of rats of Groups II–IV than those of Group I. Furthermore, histological evaluations showed hypertrophy of central vein of the liver in rats of Group IV when compared to Group I. Statistical analyses showed dose-dependent nonsignificant higher mean levels (P > 0.05) of total cholesterol and triglycerides in the sera of rats of Groups II–IV compared to rats of Group I. Evaluations of levels of alanine and aspartate transaminases showed a statistically significant higher mean values (P < 0.05) in Group II, but statistically nonsignificant higher mean values (P > 0.05) in Groups III–IV compared to Group I. Conclusions: No significant adverse effects on lipid profile status, heart histology, and liver histochemistry were observed in M. oleifera-treated rats.
from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2mLvn3V
via IFTTT
Εγγραφή σε:
Σχόλια ανάρτησης (Atom)
Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις
-
Abstract T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain 3 (Tim-3) is a critical regulatory molecule found on activated Th1 cells, exhausted CD8 + ...
-
International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) is an open access online peer reviewed international journal that pub...
-
CFS, also known as ME, may be caused by the body switching from fully breaking down carbohydrates to using other energy sources, bringing o...
-
Study of Sharp Corner Cutting In Wire EDM Thesis submitted in accordance with The test specimens have been cut by using different wire-cut E...
-
Visit this site dedicated to Valentine from 100 Valentine Poems for your special person. Famous Valentine Poems from the Worlds greatest Poe...
-
You could soon get an even more immersive VR experience thanks to the Ambiotherm plug in, which exposes you to the elements of your virtual...
-
Planta Med DOI: 10.1055/s-0043-106050 Glucose homeostasis is maintained by antagonistic hormones such as insulin and glucagon as well as ...
-
Cancerous tumours are voracious. Once they have consumed all the oxygen and nutrients in the original tumour site, the cancer cells travel t...
-
Publication date: 15 February 2017 Source: Experimental Cell Research, Volume 351, Issue 2 from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros...
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Δημοσίευση σχολίου