Surgical flaps are frequently affected by ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury. Calcium-sensing receptor (CaSR) and stromal cell-derived factor-1α (SDF-1α) are closely associated with myocardial I/R injury. This study was performed to evaluate the feasibility of applying SDF-1α to counteract CaSR activation-mediated I/R injury in ischemic free flaps. Free flaps that underwent ischemia for 3 h were equally randomized into five groups: CaCl2, NPS2143 + CaCl2, SDF-1α + CaCl2, AMD3100 + SDF-1α + CaCl2, and normal saline. The free flaps were harvested to evaluate flap necrosis and neovascularization after 2 h or 7 d of reperfusion. p-CaSR/CaSR was extensively expressed in vascular endothelial cells of free flaps after I/R injury, and activation of the SDF-1α/CXCR4 axis and NPS2143 could reduce the expression of cleaved caspase-3, caspase-9, FAS, Cyt-c, and Bax and increase Bcl-2 expression; the opposite was true after CaSR activation. Interestingly, initiation of the SDF-1α/CXCR4 axis might abrogate CaSR activation-induced I/R injury through enhancement of microvessel density. In conclusion, CaSR might become a novel therapeutic target of free flaps affected by I/R injury. Activation of the SDF-1α/CXCR4 axis and NPS2143 could counteract CaSR activation-mediated I/R injury and promote free flap survival through inhibition of caspase-3/caspase-9-related cell apoptosis and enhancement of neovascularization.
from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2Fq5MEX
via IFTTT
Εγγραφή σε:
Σχόλια ανάρτησης (Atom)
Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις
-
No large-scale, head-to-head, phase III, randomized, controlled trial with an adequate sample size has investigated the effect of concurrent...
-
2016-09-24T01-16-18Z Source: International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences Biswajit Majumder, Viral Tandel, Sandip Ghosh, Sharmis...
-
by Alison M. Hixon, Guixia Yu, J. Smith Leser, Shigeo Yagi, Penny Clarke, Charles Y. Chiu, Kenneth L. Tyler In 2014, the United States exp...
-
This paper proposes an enhanced ant colony optimization with dynamic mutation and ad hoc initialization, ACODM-I, for improving the accuracy...
-
Accumulating data have indicated that citrus polymethoxyflavones (PMFs) have the ability to affect brain function. In the present study, we ...
-
Related Articles Long-acting insulin allergy in a diabetic child. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2017 Apr 01;:394632017700431 Authors...
-
Hypopharyngeal Cancer Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Pipeline Review, H1 2017 Medgadget (blog) Latest Pharmaceutical and Healthcare di...
-
by Slavena Vylkova from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2lPgJZS via IFTTT
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Δημοσίευση σχολίου