Type I interferons (IFN-I) are cytokines that affect the expression of thousands of genes, resulting in profound cellular changes. IFN-I activates the cell by dimerizing its two-receptor chains, IFNAR1 and IFNAR2, which are expressed on all nucleated cells. Despite a similar mode of binding, the different IFN-Is activate a variety of outcomes. The causes for differential activation may stem from differences in IFN-I binding affinity, duration of binding, number of surface receptors, induction of feedback loops and cell-type specific variations. All together these will alter the signal that is transmitted from the extracellular domain inwards. The intracellular domains binds directly or indirectly to many different effector proteins that transmit signals. The composition of effector molecules deviate between different cell types and tissues, providing an additional level of complexity to the system. Moreover, IFN-Is do not act on their own, and clearly there is much cross talk between the activated effector molecules by IFN-I and other cytokines. The outcome generated by all of these factors (processing step) is an observed phenotype, which can be cell transformation, initiation of an antiviral state, induction of senescence or apoptosis and many more. In this review I summarize the current knowledge on the mode of activation and processing that is initiated by IFN-I, in perspective of the resulting phenotypes.
from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2mEPiBz
via IFTTT
Εγγραφή σε:
Σχόλια ανάρτησης (Atom)
Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις
-
This paper proposes an enhanced ant colony optimization with dynamic mutation and ad hoc initialization, ACODM-I, for improving the accuracy...
-
2016-09-24T01-16-18Z Source: International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences Biswajit Majumder, Viral Tandel, Sandip Ghosh, Sharmis...
-
Antibodies, Vol. 7, Pages 6: In-Depth Comparison of Lysine-Based Antibody-Drug Conjugates Prepared on Solid Support Versus in Solution Anti...
-
Related Articles Long-acting insulin allergy in a diabetic child. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2017 Apr 01;:394632017700431 Authors...
-
ACS Nano DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b02426 from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2h1neaG via...
-
No large-scale, head-to-head, phase III, randomized, controlled trial with an adequate sample size has investigated the effect of concurrent...
-
JPM, Vol. 8, Pages 5: Acknowledgement to Reviewers of Journal of Personalized Medicine in 2017 Journal of Personalized Medicine doi: 10.339...
-
Accumulating data have indicated that citrus polymethoxyflavones (PMFs) have the ability to affect brain function. In the present study, we ...
-
Hypopharyngeal Cancer Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Pipeline Review, H1 2017 Medgadget (blog) Latest Pharmaceutical and Healthcare di...
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Δημοσίευση σχολίου