Hepatic ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury is a serious complication in clinical practice. However, no efficient biomarkers are available for the evaluation of the severity of I/R injury. Recently, renalase has been reported to be implicated in the I/R injury of various organs. This protein is secreted into the blood in response to increased oxidative stress. To investigate the responsiveness of renalase to oxidative stress, we examined the changes of renalase in cell and mouse models. We observed a significant increase of renalase expression in HepG2 cells in a time- and dose-dependent manner when treated with H2O2. Renalase expression also increased significantly in liver tissues that underwent the hepatic I/R process. The increased renalase levels could be efficiently suppressed by antioxidants in vitro and in vivo. Furthermore, serum renalase levels were significantly increased in the mouse models and also efficiently suppressed by antioxidants treatment. The variation trends are consistent between renalase and liver enzymes in the mouse models. In conclusion, renalase is highly sensitive and responsive to oxidative stress in vitro and in vivo. Moreover, renalase can be detected in the blood. These properties make renalase a highly promising biomarker for the evaluation of the severity of hepatic I/R injury.
from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2eIULUJ
via IFTTT
Εγγραφή σε:
Σχόλια ανάρτησης (Atom)
Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις
-
Abstract Amyloid beta peptide (Aβ), the main component of senile plaques of Alzheimer’s disease brains, is produced by sequential cleavage ...
-
Abstract The incidences of thyroid cancer keep rising worldwide over the past few decades. Although most thyroid cancers are indolent and ...
-
ACS Nano DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b02426 from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2h1neaG via...
-
This paper proposes an enhanced ant colony optimization with dynamic mutation and ad hoc initialization, ACODM-I, for improving the accuracy...
-
JPM, Vol. 8, Pages 5: Acknowledgement to Reviewers of Journal of Personalized Medicine in 2017 Journal of Personalized Medicine doi: 10.339...
-
Related Articles Long-acting insulin allergy in a diabetic child. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2017 Apr 01;:394632017700431 Authors...
-
Coexistence of t(5;17)/NPM1-RARA and t(9;22)/BCR-ABL1 in chronic myeloid leukemia at initial diagnosis Juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia: a s...
-
Abstract Background Hyponatremia is associated with the increased risk of early and late mortality in patients with cardiac disease. Thi...
-
from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2B38rkA via IFTTT
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Δημοσίευση σχολίου