Publication date: January 2018
Source:International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, Volume 106
Author(s): Arundhati Bhowmick, Sovan Lal Banerjee, Nilkamal Pramanik, Piyali Jana, Tapas Mitra, Arumugam Gnanamani, Manas Das, Patit Paban Kundu
The objective of this study is to design biomimetic organically modified montmorillonite clay (OMMT) supported chitosan/hydroxyapatite-zinc oxide (CTS/HAP-ZnO) nanocomposites (ZnCMH I-III) with improved mechanical and biological properties compared to previously reported CTS/OMMT/HAP composite. Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, powder X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy and transmission electron microscopy were used to analyze the composition and surface morphology of the prepared nanocomposites. Strong antibacterial properties against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacterial strains were established for ZnCMH I-III. pH and blood compatibility study revealed that ZnCMH I-III should be nontoxic to the human body. Cytocompatibility of these nanocomposites with human osteoblastic MG-63 cells was also established. Experimental findings suggest that addition of 5wt% of OMMT into CTS/HAP-ZnO (ZnCMH I) gives the best mechanical strength and water absorption capacity. Addition of 0.1wt% of ZnO nanoparticles into CTS-OMMT-HAP significantly enhanced the tensile strengths of ZnCMH I-III compared to previously reported CTS-OMMT-HAP composite. In absence of OMMT, control sample (ZnCH) also showed reduced tensile strength, antibacterial effect and cytocompatibility with osteoblastic cell compared to ZnCMH I. Considering all of the above-mentioned studies, it can be proposed that ZnCMH I nanocomposite has a great potential to be applied in bone tissue engineering.
from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2jbTkhO
via IFTTT
Εγγραφή σε:
Σχόλια ανάρτησης (Atom)
Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις
-
No large-scale, head-to-head, phase III, randomized, controlled trial with an adequate sample size has investigated the effect of concurrent...
-
2016-09-24T01-16-18Z Source: International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences Biswajit Majumder, Viral Tandel, Sandip Ghosh, Sharmis...
-
by Alison M. Hixon, Guixia Yu, J. Smith Leser, Shigeo Yagi, Penny Clarke, Charles Y. Chiu, Kenneth L. Tyler In 2014, the United States exp...
-
This paper proposes an enhanced ant colony optimization with dynamic mutation and ad hoc initialization, ACODM-I, for improving the accuracy...
-
Accumulating data have indicated that citrus polymethoxyflavones (PMFs) have the ability to affect brain function. In the present study, we ...
-
Related Articles Long-acting insulin allergy in a diabetic child. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2017 Apr 01;:394632017700431 Authors...
-
Hypopharyngeal Cancer Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Pipeline Review, H1 2017 Medgadget (blog) Latest Pharmaceutical and Healthcare di...
-
ACS Nano DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b02426 from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2h1neaG via...
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Δημοσίευση σχολίου