Objective. To investigate the protective effects of L-malate against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury in rats. Methods. Male Sprague-Dawley rats were randomly assigned to the following groups: sham (sham), an ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) model group (model), an DMF pretreated group (DMF), and 5 L-malate pretreated groups (15, 60, 120, 240, or 480 mg/kg, gavage) before inducing myocardial ischemia. Plasma LDH, cTn-I, TNF-, hs-CRP, SOD, and GSH-PX were measured 3 h later I/R. Areas of myocardial infarction were measured; hemodynamic parameters during I/R were recorded. Hearts were harvested and Western blot was used to quantify Nrf2, Keap1, HO-1, and NQO-1 expression in the myocardium. Results. L-malate significantly reduced LDH and cTn-I release, reduced myocardial infarct size, inhibited expression of inflammatory cytokines, and partially preserved heart function, as well as increasing antioxidant activity after myocardial I/R injury. Western blot confirmed that L-malate reduced Kelch-like ECH-associated protein 1 in ischemic myocardial tissue, upregulated expression of Nrf2 and Nrf2 nuclear translocation, and increased expression of heme oxygenase-1 and NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1, which are major targets of Nrf2. Conclusions. L-malate may protect against myocardial I/R injury in rats and this may be associated with activation of the Nrf2/Keap1 antioxidant pathway.
from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/1UzPOck
via IFTTT
Εγγραφή σε:
Σχόλια ανάρτησης (Atom)
Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις
-
This paper proposes an enhanced ant colony optimization with dynamic mutation and ad hoc initialization, ACODM-I, for improving the accuracy...
-
Antibodies, Vol. 7, Pages 6: In-Depth Comparison of Lysine-Based Antibody-Drug Conjugates Prepared on Solid Support Versus in Solution Anti...
-
Related Articles Long-acting insulin allergy in a diabetic child. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2017 Apr 01;:394632017700431 Authors...
-
JPM, Vol. 8, Pages 5: Acknowledgement to Reviewers of Journal of Personalized Medicine in 2017 Journal of Personalized Medicine doi: 10.339...
-
ACS Nano DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b02426 from #AlexandrosSfakianakis via Alexandros G.Sfakianakis on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2h1neaG via...
-
Regulatory T cells (Treg) represent a minor sub-population of T lymphocytes which is crucial for the maintenance of immune homeostasis. Here...
-
Towards a meaningful assessment of marine ecological impacts in life cycle assessment (LCA). Environ Int. 2016 Jan 27;89-90:48-61 Aut...
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Δημοσίευση σχολίου